Olives is one of the most favorite foods in the world. They are fruits basically, however, they make most of the foods’ and salad’s toppings. Intrinsically, this fruit is bitter and thus needs to be treated in order to make it edible. It is harvested in September but is used all through the year.
Olives are popular for both, the oil and the fruit. Olives grow in subtropical zones, warm, specifically in rocky soil and sea air. This fruit originated from Syria and Asia Minor and was discovered by Assyrians.
Another interesting fact about this fruit is that its tree is grown from branches or cut roots buried under soil rather than from soil.
Olive oil, also known as natural ‘golden liquid’ is highly beneficial for skin, that’s why it’s so widely used in homeremedies. Here are the skin types it is best suited for:
- Oily Skin: Though it is oil but it has exfoliating properties and thus it is best for oily skin.
- Dry Skin: Being oil, it is a great moisturizer and thus well suited for dry skin.
- Sensitive Skin: It has antioxidant properties and that is why it is good for sensitive skin.
- Prevents Pore Clogging
Organic Olive oil, by penetrating deeply into the skin keeps the skin moisturized and cleaned as well. It does not clog pores because it immediately absorbs into the skin and thus leaves no grease upon the pores.
- Increases Exfoliation
Through its penetrating action, it removes dead skin cells and thus gives a glowing look to the skin. Also, it results in reduced acne and increasing your skin beauty.
- Natural Makeup Remover
Removing makeup after coming back from a function is a real headache. Also it needs to be done with extra care because if the remover is too strong it can damage the skin. Organic Olive oil is a natural makeup remover and is perfect for removing eye makeup. It does not give any reaction and is friendly to the skin also.
It contains antioxidants due to which it provides protection to the skin against aging and skin damage.
- Prevents Cancer
Olives, especially black olives are a great source of Vitamin E which has the potential to treat cancer. It provides protection against skin cancer.
In regards with the traditional usage in home remedies:
- Olive and olive leaves have been used to treat inflammatory issues
- In case of skin, olive is used to treat inflammation resulting from allergies.
- Those who are allergic to pollen should not use olive oil for skin as well.
- Those having seasonal respiratory allergic reactions should use it with caution.
- Always use cold extra virgin oil because heating it would destroy the beneficial components in it.
All you need to do is:
- Mix one tbsp. of olive oil with sea salt
- Rub it over your skin
- It will rejuvenate your skin and make it glow
I really hope that you found the story really helpful. Share your story in the comments. Do you already use oilve oil in your skincare?