Cactus Figs, more commonly referred to as the Prickly Pear, are brilliant for skin care. In fact, you may find that many natural skincare products on the market contain Cactus Figs. On this page, we are going to take a look at what they are, and how they may benefit your skin.
What are cactus figs?
Cactus Figs are ‘fruits’ that are native to America. However, they have been introduced throughout the world. If you purchase a product that contains this ingredient, then it is likely that the plant was grown in south America.
The cactus fig, or prickly pear, gets its name from the fact that it looks very similar to a pear. It then has typical cactus spikes on it. Cactus figs are packed to the brim with healthy fatty acids that can have a huge positive impact on your skin.
Benefits of Cactus Figs
There are far too many benefits to cactus figs to list here. However, we are going to cover some of the main ones:
- Cactus Fig oil is absorbed quickly by the skin. Most other natural products need to say on your skin for a while before you get any real benefit. That is not the case with cactus figs. This is because they are high in a fatty acid known as Linoleic Acid. This fatty acid enables the body to easily absorb the oil. This means that you will be getting the full benefit without there being any ‘oily residue’ left behind.
- Cactus figs are packed to the brim with antioxidants. These can help to rejuvenate the skin. They do this by killing off the free radicals (these are bad and can lead to wrinkles and the like). In doing so, it will boost skin cell production. This means that your skin is going to look younger and feel much more refreshed.
- Nourishment for your skin: Cactus fig oil will nourish and soften your skin. The oil is one of the best natural moisturizers out there. One of the major benefits of cactus figs is the fact that they can work on all skin types.
- If you have larger pores, then you are going to be benefit from using cactus fig oil. This is because this product can help to tighten your pores up. This will help to prevent acne flareups and the like.
- Are you starting to experience blemishes on your skin? Well, you will almost certainly benefit from this product. It is able to brighten up the darker areas and give you a far more even complexion. This product is particularly good if you are suffering from dark circles under your eyes. This is due to its high Vitamin K content.
- This does not clog your pores! Many other natural products out there can clog your pores. This means that the risk of suffering from acne and similar conditions is heightened. That is not the case when you use cactus fig oil.
Have you tried cactus figs? Tell me on the comments 😉