Hemp is a plant that is a variety of the cannabis sativa plant species. Hemp is mainly grown for its widely used side products.
Hemp seeds have been dubbed as a “super food” because it is widely regarded as the most nutritious seed in the world. Hemp seeds have the perfect balance of protein, essential fats, vitamins and enzymes but have a relatively small concentration of sugars, saturated fats and starches. Because of this hemp seeds have numerous health benefits. According to one research, after 3 months of including hemp seeds in their diets, participants found the following differences in their health:
- Reduced cholesterol and blood pressure with a significant reduction in the possibility of a stroke
- Reduction in inflammation
- Speedier recovery from disease and injury
- A significant improvement in blood circulation. Diabetics found their feet less discolored and warmer
- A strengthened immune system with a reduced likelihood of cardiovascular disease.
Not only do the consumption of hemps seeds have amazing health benefits, but they are also used in skin care. Hemp seeds are used in an oil form and has great benefits for the skin. It is made by compressing hemp seed and contains essential Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids as well as antioxidants and vitamins A & E that is very beneficial for the skin.
It is important to note that while hemp is used to make cannabis, the use of hemp seeds and hemp seed oil is not counted as “drug use” and will not cause you to fail any known drug test.
Here are the 3 Main Uses of Hemp Oil for Skin Care:
- Cure for Skin Conditions: Hemp seed oil is very effective for skin conditions such as rashes and eczema. Hemp seed oil’s soothing properties helps stop the rash from spreading. If your skin condition persists, please visit a doctor.
- Cure for Acne: Hemp seed oil is an amazing cure for acne prone skin. Add a few drops of neem oil, which can be found at any drugstore, and together with the hemp seed oil, they help heal acne scars and remove dark spots left after a pimple fades away.
- Oil Cleansing: Hemp seed oil does wonders to unclog the pores in your skin and thoroughly cleanse it. One of the main reasons for acne and oily skin is that our pores are clogged that build up oil which leads to acne. It is important that you thoroughly cleanse your skin especially after wearing heavy makeup or when your skin was exposed to the sun for too long.
However, hemp seeds are very expensive because of the politics surrounding the plant. The hemp plant is used to make cannabis. Before the twentieth century, hemp was widely used in most parts of the world. However, during the twentieth century the United States and Western Europe banned cannabis and hemp, which led most other countries in the world to ban it as well. Due to the controversy surrounding hemp, hemp seeds are often ignored when it comes to skincare. Besides that, due to the scarcity of hemp seeds and hemp oil, they are very expensive to buy.