Have you heard about amaranth oil? Today oib I’m going to tell you about amaranth oil its origin, its benefits and techniques to use it in your daily life. Nice right? 🙂
Amaranth oil is extracted from the seed of amaranth flowering plant. It is a prehistoric plant and is being cultivated from ancient times. The oil has many essential nutrients which went carefully used can be extremely beneficial for your skin. Not only for skin is also used in food items and medicines and various religious ceremonies in Asian countries. We already talked about how rice powder, shikakai leaf or cinnamon are locally sourced here and used in skincare treatment.
But amaranth oil is more famous for its beauty perks than its uses in food. The oil is rich in nutrients and can give you a clean and refreshing look. Amaranth oil is beneficial for your skin not only by applying it on your body but also by consuming. You can use the amaranth leaves in salads and oil in various food products. Amaranth oil will help you to beautify your skin and hair from inside out. But I usually prefer it to use externally and it definitely shows immediate results.
Ways to use amaranth oil:
1. Applying directly on your skin:
You can apply and oil directly on your skin, try twice a day right out the shower in the morning and before bedtime in the evening. Take about 2 to 3 drops of amaranth oil in your palm and slowly apply it on your face, hands, legs and other parts of the body. Gently massage it on your body and allow the oil to seep into your skin.
Result: The oil oxidizes your skin and gives a very refreshing look, it also helps to get rid of dead skin cells.
2. Amaranth hair conditioner:
- 2 drops of amaranth oil
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 3-4 drops lavender essential oil or olive oil
Then, follow the next 4 simple steps:
- Takes coconut oil in a small bowl, add two drops of amaranth oil and 5 to 7 drops of lavender or olive oil.
- Mix the mixture will tell you to get a single homogeneous liquid.
- Take this mixture into your hands and slowly rub it on your hair. Make sure it reaches the scalps and the tip of your hair, take your time to massage the mixture. I prefer to use a comb to ensure the oil is spreading evenly.
- Now take a hot damp towel and wrap it around your hair for about 30 minutes. Now you can watch the mixture off.
3. Amaranth as a body lotion :
- 1 tsp amaranth oil
- 1/4 cup beeswax
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2tsp cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup almond oil
Below are the instructions to follow. If you have any questions or need of clarification, feel free to leave a comment and send me a private message on Facebook ♥
- Takes beeswax in a medium-sized bowl and melts it over low heat.
- You can now add cocoa butter, coconut oil and stir the liquid will.
- Cut the heat off and quickly add almond oil to it, blend the mixture well
- Finally, when the mixture cools add 1 tablespoon of amaranth oils. You can also add essential oil of your likeness to it. The lotion is ready now keep it in a sealed bottle and use it at least 2 to 3 times a week.
I think you have definitely got an idea how to use amaranth oil, I hope you’ll use it. If you any queries please leave them a comment and I’ll answer as soon as possible 🙂 Amaranth oil usually shows immediate results! so consistently use it for 3 to 4 weeks and let me know! I love to read ALL your stories! It makes me so happy!
Thank you, Sabrina.