Singapore is an hour trip from Kuala Lumpur, yet the country was never in my bucket list before. Not sure why since I learnt to love every bits of it across the years. Why? Read below:
Stop in Singapore | OrganicIsBeautifulEthnic quarters:
While exploring the city of Singapore, I encountered such quarters:
- Little India: From a distance, I could hear Hindi songs being played in a loudspeaker. I was astonished, thinking why was it played in a loudspeaker in Singapore. I walked towards the sound and suddenly the buildings, shops, streets, people and the overall aura of the place changed. I found myself in Little India. I saw shops selling brass jewelry and beautiful colorful sarees. I had delicious Indian cuisine which included roti, daal, crisp potatoes and chicken curry. I experienced India in this beautiful country.
- Chinatown: I was excited when I saw yet another country’s quarter in Singapore. I tried the Chinese cuisine. I had the delicious Tian Tian rice and oyster pancakes. I learnt kite making from a vendor there. I wore colorful masks too fully immersing myself in the culture. I also visited the Thiang Hock Keng temple. I loved the intricate designs, elaborately painted doors and the typical Chinese style structure. It felt as if I was transported to China.
This is one of the most exciting things to do in Singapore. The Night Safari was a special experience for me because this was the first time I was exploring the zoo at night and that too in a tram. I saw quite a few animals such as lions, tigers, hippos etc. The darkness of the night makes it a thrilling and unique experience. One should must experience this especially with their family.
Camping in a deserted island:
This is the most thrilling and memorable experience in Singapore. It is not covered in most of the tourist’s itineraries. There is Kusu and St. John’s islands which are further afield and are accessible by ferry. I went to the St. John’s Island. I took my own food and water as there are no restaurants on the island. The beach of the island is mesmerising and fresh. I had sea bath and made barbeques. Then I spent the whole night star gazing on the beach. The night time had an enigmatic beauty. The twinkling stars adorned the night sky and the whole beach was glistening with silvery moonlight. I was there enjoying every moment to the fullest and adoring the elegance of the Singapore skyline visible from there.
This island is rightly called the state of fun with a huge Merlion sitting on it. There are many thing which can be done there. Some of the best are:
- Underwater World: I step on the escalator and it takes me through a huge underground aquarium covering me from three sides having a large variety of sea fishes such as myriads of jellyfishes, rays, sharks and much more. I was astonished to see such a huge variety of fishes. The humongous aquarium had Open Ocean habitat, which made me feel if I am on the cavernous ocean floor!
- Songs of the Sea: This is my best experience on Sentosa Island. The world famous laser show happens on the sea side. A beautiful story is shown through laser lights on the water is truly awe inspiring and fun to watch. The dancing lights and the spraying water blend together to form a great entertainment for tourists.
- Beaches: Sentosa Islands also offers beautiful beaches.
- Tanjong beach: This is an ideal beach for people looking for tranquility and peace. It is the romantic beach. The tranquil atmosphere provides relaxation and is away from the hustle bustle of the city.
- Siloso Beach: When I went to this beach, it was polar opposite of the Tanjong beach. There is excitement all over the beach. I played volleyball here with random people and made some new friends. Amazing places to eat and bars can be found here. In the night, this beach is wide awake partying. I thoroughly enjoyed the night culture of this beach, thanks to the quality live music being played, good alcohol and wonderful food by the sea shore.
Singapore has a vibrant and sophisticated nightlife. Some of the best are:
- 1-Altitude Gallery & Bar: This is the first thing that comes to my mind. The bar is on the 63rd floor and provides a beautiful view of the city. I found the place very sophisticated and the service was great. Food and booze are of top quality. After traveling for the whole day, I went there at 8 and even though it got late for me but I did not feel like leaving the place. I loved the ambience and one could just stare at the scintillating city forever.
- Zouk: I love dance music and Zouk turned out to be a heaven to me. This awarding-winning venue has been at the forefront of the club scene in the city for over two decades. The crowd here mainly consisted of the youngsters. I danced my way through the night having the time of my life. The feeling was ecstatic. It is a must go club for dance loving people.
The nightlife of Singapore has something in store for everyone. The night never gets boring here. Excitement levels touch the sky with electrifying bars, pubs and discos. The perfect blend of beaches, nightlife, entertainment, adventure and fun filled activities makes Singapore one of the most attractive countries in the world.
Thank you for stopping by,