The first ever post media on OiB a few months back was a cup of coffee. This one. 10 months later, it is with no surprise that coffee becomes an actual topic, not just a cute photo. I love coffee. I always knew it was a plus (not a minus) in any beauty regimen. I already mentioned it here back in July, and even here earlier this year. I though today is the day to get messy. No more sweet talk, ditch the chocoloate and honey. Today, we go raw. Starting by a killer question (suspense mood on):
⇒ How to incorporate Coffee in our daily skincare routine?
You know you can incorporate coffee into your daily skin care , well no right? Even though it’s a widely consumed beverage but it has also got other not so popular benefits. Today we are going to discuss those.
You have heard it right!!! You can use coffee for your daily skin care routine. This is because coffee has got certain essential agents which are beneficial for your skin like the antioxidants, it prevents the aging of your skin. Quite shocking right? Something like coffee which you use to energize yourself in the morning can be used on your skin? To be frank, I was shocked too.
Enough of the blabbering, so let’s see why you should use coffee as your daily skin care product:
⇔ Prevents premature aging
Coffee has a rich quantity of anti-oxidants when you consume coffee you take those antioxidants inside, these are the agents that stunt your skin from aging. Antioxidants are greatly natural remedies to combat wrinkles and dryness.
⇔ Makes your skin smooth and soft
One of the basics of skincare is removing the dead skin cells from the surface of the skin. This keeps your skin healthy and fresh. In order to remove dead skin, you need a substance that is rough and strong but not so strong that they may ruin your skin. This is where coffee comes into play, it is a best natural exfoliation agent. It can be used as a natural scrub to get rid of dead skin cells, hence maintain a smooth and soft skin.
⇔ Reduces soreness of the skin
Strong antioxidants in coffee have got many anti-inflammatory properties. It reduces puffiness and soreness of the skin. It is the best alternative to harmful cosmetics. Later I’ll tell you how to make a DIY coffee mask help to reduce the soreness of the skin.
∴ Some DIY coffee recipes
How to make a simple yet effective coffee face scrub at home? Read below.
- 1 cup ground coffee
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. Salt. (Preparing an article about what type of salt to use and avoid in skincare, stay tuned). Salt is a natural exfoliant.
- Few drops of lavender or jasmine oil for scent
- Add the above ingredients in a small bowl and mix it well. Then a few drops of lavender or jasmine oil for fragrance.
- Put the mix in in a sealed container and allow it to cool in your refrigerator
- Use this mix and natural DIY coffee scrub, use it at least three or four times per day to get best results.
I usually follow any scrub by a gently mask to rejuvenate my skin. You can try the mask I use and see if it fits you – Comment below to let me know!!
- 4 tablespoons of ground coffee
- 1 1/2 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of yogurt
- blend this mix together in a small bowl, then directly apply it on your face.
- Keep it on your face for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Clean off the DIY coffee mask with a warm towel.
What about your body? You having a lovely Pamper Day and will love to know how to also pamper your entire body including your armpits, your toes and your cute little legs, read below.
NOTE: For dry legs like mine (I confess), there are specific tips available here.
- 1 cup of ground coffee
- 1⁄4 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup turbinado raw sugar
- Quite similar to the scrub before, mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Now use this scrub while bathing, apply it on your hands, legs and your entire body. And let it remain for five minutes, occasionally massaged in a circular motion.
- This mix will open your pores and remove any dead skin cells.
- Rinse off the scrub and pat dry.
I’m quite sure you are amazed how coffee can be useful for your skin. The above-mentioned DIY techniques really work and I know many would use them. You also give it a try, the results may appear in 2 to 3 weeks and let me know about it.