Summer is at our door step. Can you feel it? A few days was June 21st. Did you say June 21st!? Wow! Time to think about how to prepare your skin against the heat this summer to maintain your natural beauty. Posting today on OiB is not a coincidence. June 21st means summer begins across Europe:
Back home in Paris, June 21st coincides with La Fete de la Music, officially my favorite day of the year.
While the parties is spreading over France that day, Scandinivia is not at rest. In Sweden, June 21st resonates with the Midsummer Eve.
∴ What about my skin?
Heat, humidity and the shining sun rays can destroy our precious skin, this will result in dry, rough and peeled skin. Sun is very good for skin, specially of mornings, it contains lots of Vitamin D which is very good for skin and also for bones. Vitamin D also helps in Calcium absorption.
When summer arrives all the irritating stuff comes such as rashes or dry skin can cause itchiness etc.
∴Back to the basic:
- WATER INTAKE: Drink plenty of water. It is not only because that water keeps us hydrated but also because it is essential for our body. Water not only quenches the thirst but also helps to flush out the toxins and waste that accumulate in the body.
- EAT VEGETABLES. What you eat shows on your face. Do not consume too much of snacks and salty products as salt can have a dehydrating effect on the body. Like the last week, I ate so many french fries I end up drinking lots of water. Also, include high water content fruits in your diet like watermelon, cucumber, melon and lettuce which will give you nutrients and anti-oxidants. Also, include other green vegetables. Why? Read my previous article here.
- SUNSCREEN. Apply a good sunscreen. It will not only help you from tanning and also from sunburns but will also protect you from harsh UV rays that can lead to skin cancer. Did you know that rice powder is a natural sunscreen protector? (Really, I am not kidding!).
- EXFOLIATE. Exfoliation is very important to get rid of the dead skin that it is accumulated on the face and other parts of the body. Use an exfoliating sponge or scrub off the dead skin from the body. You can prepare a homemade scrub, I have added some simple and excellent recipes last week! Gently rub this scrub in circular movements on the entire body for 15 minutes and then rinse off.
- CLEANSER. Cleansing is also very good for Summer. You can cleanse your skin at home. Plain yogurt mixed with honey makes a good natural cleanser which not just cleanses but also moisturizes the skin. Apply this to your skin and leave it for 10 minutes. Rinse off with plain water. If you have time, why not finish by a DIY orange peel mask?
∴ Skin Herbal Masks:
Recipe compeled by PerfectionistYou.
⇔ ALOE VERA AND OAT MEAL:
Take some dry oats and mixes it thoroughly with some aloe vera gel and apply on face and massage gently with your fingers in circular motion for 5-10 minutes. Leave on for 15 minutes and rinse off with luke warm water. Repeat this remedy once every week to get noticeable results.
⇔ APPLE AND HONEY FACE MASK:
Crush an apple (quantity as required) and mix it with 3 tablespoon honey with it. Apply on clean face. Leave for 20 minutes and rinse off with water. Repeat this 2 to 3 times every week for fair and oil-free skin. Some further recipes here.
⇔ TURMERIC POWDER, YOGURT AND HONEY FACE PACK:
Make a thick paste by mixing all the three ingredients well, you can add lemon juice for brightening and rose water. Apply this pack on the dried skin and leave it for 15-20 minutes. Later, rinse it off with cold water. This pack helps in moisturizing, cleansing and brightening.