With every passing day, Sea Buckthorn oil is getting increasingly popular and people all around the world use it for many different reasons. This plant can be easily found in countries of Europe and Asia, the fruit of this plant is main root of its therapeutic qualities. That’s why today on OiB, I will enlighten you with some crucial information regarding Sea Buckthorn Oil and how you can benefit from it to stay healthy and fit.
To start with I will be telling you guys about the nutritional benefits. As we are well aware that many medicines use this oil in their composition. Thus, side effects is the last thing you should be worried about. The fresh berry juice has adequate amounts of Vitamin C, K and E, protein, flavonoids and etc. That’s why this is a very popular drink in Asia especially where the temperature is quite warm and humid. Furthermore, you can use its tea to prepare natural and healthy tea which also tastes good. Lastly, you can use the fruit part of Sea Buckthorn as fodder for animals. So, All in all, it is a win win situation for everybody.
As discussed earlier, Sea Buckthorn Oil is frequently used in medicines. It is particularly effective in treating burns caused by sun or chemicals. Cosmonauts in Russia use this oil frequently to protect their skin and body from cosmic emission. Oh! And it is very useful in treating eczema.
The Sea Buckthorn Oil is to farmers what Superman is to Metropolis and the reason is pretty simple. You see most farmers use this oil to stop the soil from eroding and also aids in reclaiming land from nature. The benefits this small shrub has for the agricultural sector are too good to be ignored.
Studies conducted by scientists have concluded that the Sea Buckthorn Oil is very helpful in the treatment of life threatening disease such as heart disease and cancer. It can also treat gastric ulcers and pretty severe disorders of the skin.
As mentioned previously, farmers adore this shrub because it solves their problem related to the farming land because it can easily grow in harsh climate conditions with poor soil and at the end leave the soil fertile because of a vast root system. Some business minded farmers also make additional income by planting it in their farmland.
DIY Body Butter
- 1 teaspoon sea buckthorn berry oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons shea butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vitamin E oil
- Double boiler
- Melt the coconut oil and shea butter in a double boiler over low heat.
- When it’s completely melted, turn off the stove and move the pan from the heat. Add sea buckthorn oil and vitamin E oil. Let cool to room temperature. You can put it in the fridge to help it cool quicker. I put mine in the fridge for a little over half an hour.
- When the edges start to get solid but before it gets completely solid, use an electric mixer to whip it for at least 5 minutes for a creamy texture. If you left it in the fridge too long, just let it warm up at room temperature and scrape the sides of the bowl. Spoon in to a glass mason jar or other container
If this gets warm, it can melt. It’s still safe to use, and you can whip it again if you’d like it to be fluffy again. In the summer, I store it in the fridge because it stops it from melting and the coolness feels great on my skin.
I have mentioned briefly some vital information that you should know about Sea Buckthorn Oil. This is a great medication with some impressive benefits for your health. Remember always have proper information before buying Sea Buckthorn Oil or any essential oil for that matter.
In the end I would encourage you to share your experience you have had with using Sea Buckthorn Oil and how it has helped you in your life.
Did you give a try to body butter? Tell me in the comments below 😀