Hazelnut oil is made out cold-pressed as well as rosted hazelnuts and has a pale yellow color.
Widely used in Mediterranean diet, hazelnut oil has numerous health benefits. It contains a high
concentration of mono unsaturated fatty acids which promote good cholesterol while lowering
Hazelnut in general is considered very healthy as it contains an abundance of nutrients that are
good for your health. These nutrients include a high concentration of proteins, vitamin E and B
as well as oleic acid which helps reduce cholesterol. Hazelnut Oil is also used in skincare
regimes around the world because of its amazing effect on the skin. The uses of hazelnut oil in
skincare is as follows:
1) Nourishment: Hazelnut oil hydrates the skin by moisturizing it. The skin absorbs the
hazelnut oil which alleviates the sebum which is a naturally occurring skin oil. This leaves
the skin looking soft and radiant. High levels of sebum also help reverse the signs of aging
in the skin and reduces wrinkles and crows’ feet.
2) Acne: The oleic acid in hazelnut oil moisturizes the skin and helps get rid of acne. The
nutrients in hazelnut oil also help remove acne scars. The lightness of the oil makes sure
that you don’t breakout.
3) Oily Skin: Hazelnut oil is a tried and tested oily skin remedy. It acts as a mild astringent
which tightens the skins’ pore and helps regulate the excretion of oil from the skin.
4) Cleansing: The Vitamin E in hazelnut oil helps unclog pores in your skin which thoroughly
cleanses the skin and leaves it look even toned and smooth. This also prevents acne and
5) UV Protection: Hazelnut oil has a natural sun protection factor (SPF) that protects the skin
from UV rays. While this protection is mild, and you will need a hat or sunscreen for further
protection, hazelnut oil gives an added layer of fortification against the sun.
6) Antioxidant Protection: An antioxidant inhibits the oxidation process in the body.
Antioxidants in the skin helps inhibit the activity of free radicals which can damage the skin
cells. Antioxidants help reduce the aging of the skin, and give it a younger, smoother feel.
7) Gentle and rejuvenating: Hazelnut oil is a very light oil that can be used on sensitive skin.
Moreover, because of all the nutrients, antioxidants and vitamins hazelnut oil helps
rejuvenate the skin. It has an anti-aging effect on your skin that makes it look softer,
smoother and more radiant than before.
With hazelnut oil a little goes a long way. You only need a few drops of the oil to use on your
face for it to take effect. This is great news since hazelnut oil can be a little expensive
(depending on where you live) and have a long shelf life. You can use a few drops every day
and get rid of all these expensive lotions, cleansers, toners and creams taking up all the shelf
space in your bathroom!