Mineral makeup is more than just a new beauty trend – it claims health benefits for skin as well. Most allergies and intolerances to traditional makeup is a reaction to these parabens, talcs, synthetic fragrances, binders, dyes, and preservatives. So common sense should suggest that any makeup that eliminates these should eliminate some of the related problems.
∴ Mineral Cosmetics…What??
Well, best is to start by the beginning: What is mineral makeup and what is it made of? We are usually talking about 5 main bases:
- Iron oxides – It is basically a colour boost widely used as pigments in a variety of skincare applications. These help match your skin type and achieve your natural tone.
- Zinc oxide – Acts as a natural UV protector. Highly beneficial for the skin, zinc oxide is can be used to heal wounds, reduce the tenderness associated with sunburns and soften chapped skin.
- Mica powders – These ingredients add glow and shimmer to foundations and concealers. It is available in a variety of different colors that go from dazzling silver to gold tones to mute. Yes!
- Titanium dioxide – Another natural sunscreen, this ingredient helps give skin a luminous look and covers imperfections.In cosmetics, it serves several purposes. It is a white pigment, an opacifier and a sunscreen. It is also an anti-inflammatory, useful in case of irritated skin.
- Organic oils (Optional).
∴ Mineral Cosmetic vs. Traditional Cosmetics
Whilst traditional makeup formulations also includes minerals to some extent, unlike mineral makeup they may also include fillers, talc (a mineral), artificial fragrances, binders, synthetic dyes, parabens or other preservatives.
Using Mineral Cosmetics is a personal choice. An alternative to the traditional skin care product. [Dermatologist Philip Artemi]
- Safe on Skin and hair. Pure mineral cosmetics ties to oils not water. This gives the cosmetics a natural water resistance and it is good for your skin and hair than traditional cosmetics.
- Adaptability. At the point when mineral cosmetics are done right, it is a great deal more flexible than generally cosmetics. You can blend the mineral establishment with water, lotions and creams to make a fluid establishment consistency if that are the thing that you like.
- Quality hair color. There are many kinds of hair color we apply on our hair, mineral based cosmetic hair color contain less preservatives and chemicals that can harm and damage your hair. Also some branded hair colors contain no ammonia which gives a foul smell to your hair color.
- Last Long on skin and hair. Mineral cosmetics are dependable on your rack as well as on your skin and hair. With mineral establishment, utilizing almost no can give a fundamental scope.
→ NOTE: It is important to point out that there are no regulations that define mineral make-up. Currently, any product can be labelled mineral make-up if it contains any mineral as a primary ingredient.
∴ How to use Mineral cosmetics in your daily routine.
I have selected here a few simple ideas to help you start with mineral based cosmetics. It does have to be complicated, you will see for yourself how a small step can make your skin feel better 😉
⇔ As a supplement. Too much too soon? Lets go slow down! Mineral based cosmetic is itself extremely adaptable. That’s the cool part 😉 You can utilize a mineral establishment powder in an assortment of ways. You can blend it with water or lotion to make a velvety establishment, or utilize alone as a powder.
⇔ As a morning lotion. 6am alarm rings, time to get ready to work and kick start an awesome day 😉 After having your lemon water, you are now in the wake of washing your face in the morning, you apply your ordinary facial lotion. Before applying mineral cosmetics, permit the cream to dry or else your cosmetics will look cakey.
⇔ As a strengthener. A kind of bff that holds your makeup together. Utilising a major cosmetics brush, twirl the powder onto the brush and afterward tap on the edge of the holder.
⇔ As a pigment revitaliser. The aim here is to make a perfect completion. You have to apply mineral powder in slim layers. Along these lines, make certain not to put a lot of powder on your cosmetics brush. After application, hold up a couple of minutes and the powder will apparently vanish, leaving a pleasant completion.
Before wrapping up, you must have got an idea why it is important to use minerals in cosmetics with the benefits and recipe shared here, you can wear make anytime without harming your skin and hair. Always remember to check the label. Why? Click below!
Thank you for reading OiB, it means a lot to me 😉
Wishing you all an pleasant day!