Eat + Drink +
Party Papaya ! Yes. I did it, I replace Party by Papaya and you will soon understand why. Lets cover first the basic.
∴ The basics
Paw Paw (papaya) is a fruit that grows in tropical areas throughout the world and is easily available here in Malaysia. Most Malaysians enjoy paw paw simply because it is delicious.
Personally, its my favourite snack break! I though I will share with you why you should also add it to your dietary routine, as well as skin care! (Yes).
Papaya derived products are used for a variety of medicinal and therapeutic purposes both by natural health practitioners (Chinese medicine for instance) and in conventional medicine.
∴ Full of Vitamines !
These are just some of the major vitamins and minerals found in large quantities in paw paw:
→ Dietary fiber
→ Vitamin A, C and E.
→ Calcium, iron and niacine.
You get it! In short, the benefits of paw paw are simply enormous.
∴ How to Make Papaya Leaf Juice?
Since the papaya leaf juice is quite bitter in taste, it can be combined with other fruit juices.
You can prepare papaya leaf juice at home by following the given steps:
- Take several medium sized papay leaves which are washed and partly dried.
- Cut them and place them in a sauce pan with around 2 litres of water.
- Boil the water and leaves, and skimmer without a lid until the water is reduced to half.
- Now strain the liquid and store it in glass containers. It can be refrigerated
and stored for 3 to 4 days. But fresh juice is always preferable.
The juice should be discarded if it becomes cloudy. Alternatively, the juice can be squeezed by
crushing the papaya leaves after removing the stems and other fibrous parts.
NOTE Although this juice is extremely beneficial, it should particularly be avoided by pregnant
Now that we know the basics, lets talk about how beneficial it gets for your skin. 😉
∴ Skin Benefits of Papaya Juice
Papaya fruit is great for your skin and is incorporated in several face packs and skin care products to give you a healthy and glowing skin. Apart from the fruit, papaya leaf juice is
beneficial for the skin in the following ways.
- Papaya leaf juice has a higher content of vitamins A and C in comparison to the fruit,
which promote skin health.
- Papaya leaf juice acts as a skin cleansing agent. This can be attributed to the presence of
karpain compounds that inhibit microorganism and other toxins, thus giving you a clear skin and providing protection against skin problems like pimples, freckles and blemishes.
- Juice of papaya leaves is effective in treating eczema. You can apply it on your affected areas
- Fresh papaya leaf juice helps in healing open wounds and sores.
Thank you for reading OiB. Did you check my post on how to green tropical leaf for your skin is highly awesome too?