These days we often hear about people wanting to try to all natural products and products without harmful chemical and silicons for our hair. So today I am going to share a way to cleanse your hair naturally without using any shampoo or conditioner using all natural products.
∴ The ingredients
→ Shikakai powder:
The word Shikakai literally means “fruit for hair”. Acacia concinna or Shikakai has been used traditionally for hair care in the Indian Subcontinent since ancient times. It is one of the Ayurvedic medicinal plants.
- Shikakai powder is both a mild conditioner and a cleanser.
- It promote hair strengh, stimulate volume and shine.
- Shikakai is very drying and people having dry hair are only able to tolerate it in small doses combined with other powder.
→ Amla powder:
Amla powder is well-known as a hair conditioner, but it also has valuable anti-dandruff properties.
- A homemade amla powder mask can also add texture and volume to your hair.
Unlike shampoos, it does not harm your hair follicles and prevents graying.
- Taken internaly, amla powder with licorice powder and honey provide soothing relief in cold and cough. Antioxidants ellegic acid, vitamin C and gallic acid help boost immunity and fight infection.
Amla powder is a wonderful antoxidant and raises metabolism, keeping your weight under control.
→ Reeth powder:
It is one of the main ingredients in the manufacture of soaps and shampoos for hair. It also has insecticidal properties which helps in removing lice.
- Reetha powder is said to help nourish the hair making it healthy, clean, and smooth.
- Reetha cleansing agent cleanses the skin with gentle effect and not to irritate the skin.
- It is also use for removing lice from the scalp without not to ant damage.
- Reetha powder can be used in the same way as Amla powder to wash body and hair.
- It helps to promotes the growth of hair and removes dandruff.
TIPS: Running low in cleaning detergent? One good thing about reetha powder is washing various items including clothes, jewelry and other antique items!
After continuously using any of these recipes with reetha to wash the hair, for the next couple of time, the hair will become stronger and healthier.
Soap nuts are round hollow nuts with black dense seeds in them. The outer layer which is a dark brownish in color is the part that we use for the hair care products. Boldsky
∴ The preparation:
We all have different type and texture of hair. For the ladies with dry hair a light oil massage before a few hours from taking a hair wash may be a good idea.
Note: Never heard of oil massage before? No worries, OiB has it all covered. Have a look at my earlier post about Pre-shampoo treatment (link).
- Wet your hair
- Prepare the reetna liquid. (How to prepare reethna paste link?)
- Mix 2 tbsp of Amla powder Shikakai powder and add it into the reetna liquid
- Use as you use a shampoo.
⇒ Result: The nutritional value of the paste gets absorbed with our scalp and makes our hair healthy and strong guaranteeing vibrant color!
http://blog.redrosehenna.com/2013/06/reetha-benefits-of-reetha-powder-for.html and http://www.livestrong.com/article/254803-how-to-use-amla-powder-on-hair/
Ladies, have you tried amla/shikakai/reetha in your regimen? How does it work for your hair?