Been using the best, the most powerful or the most scented deodorants but haven’t achieved the purpose? Here’s the prefect deodorant choosing guide revealed!
I tried so many of them but was miserable when it came to wearing a sleeveless shirt. Think, I live in Malaysia, a very tropical country. It is basically summer all year long! (I know you are a bit jealous, and I do not blame you for that 😉 )Hence I feel for you and want to put an end to your misery too! You could now stay sleeveless, strapless or get close anytime you want to! Today, on OiB, I shall also introduce you to one of my very own DIY recipe for a nature inspired deodorant as well.
There are many different types of deodorants available in the market. Some are chemically strong while others are organic in nature. There are also some which provide additional skincare factors such as repairing under arms skin, reducing rashes, irritation, black patches and itchiness. These are carefully formulated skincare deodorants which are very dually beneficial. Organic deodorants also stay long but they cannot mostly preserve your baby skin while people who want to be naturally beautiful, use deodorants that are most inspired by nature.
Deodorants or antiperspirants now control the bacteria or the breaking down of bacteria to reduce or eliminate the smell in addition to overpowering them with their own good fragrance. There are also some highly formulated deodorants that help the skin to recover as well.
∴ The right one to choose should have the following:
- It is recommended to use a roll-on for greater coverage and longer absorbed protection.
- Use the ones formulated by doctors
- Look for certified safe cosmetics seal
- Choose rose or citrus influenced smells as they are stronger and much more natural
- Don’t pick brands that list general ‘fragrances’ as ingredient, they are probably hiding hormone-disrupting scents being used.
- Check for a low skin deep hazard ranking as low as zero
- Aloe-vera and mineral extracts are additional features you should seek.
∴ Make Your Own
If you think natural deodorants don’t work, then you better try this DIY formula which is a great skincare formula deodorant as well.
Here’s what you need:
- Coconut oil – PS: Coconut Oil is also a natural hair scalp and skin moisturiser.
- Baking soda
- Organic cornstarch
- Take ¼ cup of baking soda and ¼ cup of cornstarch and mix it in a bowl
- Next, mix 6 tablespoons of coconut oil in it until they are well mixed and add any oils if you want to.
- Lastly, store this in a small jar or any deodorant bottle for use and enjoy your DIY deodorant well!
Now it benefitted my skin as well as reduced the odor thanks to the oil fragrances I added in it. The choice remains on people whether they would want to invest in making one such aluminum free deodorant or if they want to keep using those hard-on-skin deodorants that fly away in just a few minutes.
For more feedback on natural deodorants and newer DIY deodorant tricks, comment in below to ask me more.
Think, do you want to question me or do you want others to question your hygienic habits?