Ideal herb for skin care
Back with another essential oil post. You know what? In this generation, we have amazing companies who provide us with great quality oil but there is one oil that is super powerful: “Calendula oil”.
Calendula essential oil is another kind of oil. It has been extracted from the flower.
We have seen the usage of that kind of oil in cooking, but most of the people are scared of using this on their skin. Just because they think it could be harmful. But after medical research and experiments, it has been proved that it will not harm our skin, it even makes it healthier. (YEAH!).
- It contains a great amount of moisturizer so it overcomes our dryness of skin, and the problem most of the people have split skin stuff, it resolves that as well without any pain.
- It also helps when you are injured. Yes! You can use it on your bruises and swelling. It helps in the reduction of pain and swelling.
- If some insect has bit you, then do not worry. Just apply some Calendula essential oil on the affected area and it will heal in no time.
Do you know that Calendula essential oil possesses therapeutic qualities?
Its medical benefits have been explored since centuries. It also has antioxidant properties. As an antioxidant, it protects the body from any damage that can be caused by аn іmmunо-suррrеssіng funсtіоn саllеd oxidants. If you combine it with olive oil, it becomes excellent salve even for serious burns, bruises, and cuts.
Саlеndulа еssеntіаl оіl іs аlso рорulаr for аn аrоmаthеrару mаssаgе. Besіdеs frоm іts аntіsерtіс аnd аntі-іnflаmmаtоrу рrореrtіеs аnd іts аbіlіtу tо hеlр hеаl wоunds, іt rеfrеshеs аnd rеgеnеrаtеs thе skіn. Ѕоmе rесіреs usе саlеndulа еssеntіаl оіl tо trеаt dеrmаtіtіs, sоrе fееt, rіngwоrm, аnd dіареr rаsh! Іt іs sоmеthіng thаt sееms sо іnnосuоus, but hаs suсh а lоt оf dіvеrsе usеs.
More important it really helps to recover a skin that got rashes.
It must be more helpful for babies who get rashes after wearing a diaper for long hours.
DIY Calendula Homemade Lotion
- 170gm cup Almond or olive oil
- 85gm calendula oil
- 85gm beeswax
- Optional: 1 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- Combine ingredients in a pint sized or larger glass jar. I have a mason jar that I keep just for making lotions and lotion bars, or you can even reuse a glass jar from pickles, olives or other foods.
- Fill a medium saucepan with a couple inches of water and place over medium heat. Put a lid on the jar loosely and place in the pan with the water.
- As the water heats, the ingredients in the jar will start to melt. Shake or stir occasionally to incorporate. When all ingredients are completely melted, pour into whatever jar or tin you will use for storage. Small mason jars (8 ounces) are great for this. It will not pump well in a lotion pump!
- Use as you would regular lotion. This has a longer shelf life than some homemade lotion recipes since all ingredients are already shelf stable and not water is added. Use within 6 months for best moisturizing benefits.
Although Calendula essential oil is very beneficial, I would recommend to use it carefully.
Ever tried making homemade lotion? How did it go? Tell me in the comments below and thank you so much for your support!