Today on OiB, I’m going to tell you about essential oils. The first question in your mind would be, why are they important for you? Let me tell you. They are so important for you and your health because they are organic and natural without the toxic elements found in mainstream home products.
Nature is the best remedy and that’s what I believe in. Without much ado, Let’s go through the best essential oils for you to have for your home:
It is the most versatile essential oil and that’s why it tops my list. What it does? In two words, it is great for skin care. It will relax your body, heals bruises and cuts, and also cures skin irritation.
That’s not the only great part. Its aroma is so refreshing that it makes you feel as if you are in a garden surrounded by beautiful blossoms.
With the use of DIY lavender home-made products, you will be physically and mentally relaxed which will help to get energy for the things you really need to do. Also, very useful to help you fall asleep.
What Lavender Oil heals?
- Skin rashes
- Burns caused by insect bites
- Small burns
- Cuts and scrape
As I always say about lavender, it does a magic – hard to believe unless experienced.
Your skin is a mirror of the beautiful heart you have. Allow tea tree oil to keep your skin smooth and bless it with amazing benefits so that you look more beautiful that you think.
Benefits of Tree Oil
- Keeps skin clear
- Keeps it healthy irrespective of exposure to pollution
- Keep foot odor away
- Remove toe nail fungus
- Diminish cold sores
- When you have a bottle of tea tree oil, you have not to worry about first aid
- Heals burns caused due to an insect bite
What Tree Oil Cures?
- Foot fungus of athletes
- Nail fungus
- Burns caused by insect bites
Add a few drops of it in your shampoo and conditioner to allow your hair to retain its original form. Beautiful skin complemented with beautiful hair is all that tree tea oil gives you every time you use. That’s why I love it.
The nature of citrus is at work here. This cleansing oil offers astonishing health benefits for you to avail. Read on below.
- It offers a spiritual experience and arouses psychic awareness.
- Get rid of heartburn as well as indigestion with just a few drops of lemon oil in water
- Add lemon oil in water stored in bathroom for cleaning and germs control. This DIY worked for me.
- You will be blessed with increase alertness as well as concentration
- Mix lemon oil with some peppermint and it will act as an insect and ant repellant
- It is a perfect hand sanitizer when mixed with Aloe Vera gel
- Inhaling lemon oil clears nasal passages
- Its antiseptic properties clean skin as well
I, mostly, use peppermint to relieve myself from nausea and constipation. A massage with a mixture of carrier oil and peppermint onto the abdomen reduces stomach cramps.
What it Cures?
- stomach queasiness
- Tick under skin
To relieve cough, you can make a DIY mixture with eucalyptus, carrier oil and peppermint. Two drops of oil can be used to appease overheated feet.
The benefits of eucalyptus oil are wide-ranging. It is widely used as an organic deodorant. Follow below to know which conditions it cures.
- Chest congestion
- Pain and aches of joints
It accelerates healing process.
Quick DIY: You can get rid of pain by applying a few drops adding to a compress.
Clove oil is used in dental products. It is very strong so be careful and dilute it first before use.
What Clove Oil Cures?
- Gum disease
- Burns and wounds
- Ear aches
I use it mostly for dental purposes, but it can also be used to repel bugs. Just add a few drops to a diffuser to repel bugs from your home.
As it is really concentrated, I don’t recommend its use for sensitive skins.
There you have it. I’m enjoying the many benefits of essentials oils and hope to hear from you too. Tell me about which essential oils you use and why.